Terms and Conditions
IMPORTANT: By subscribing to these Services you acknowledge and agree to the following terms and conditions in their entirety. If you do not agree, do not subscribe to these Services.
- The Department of Transport and Main Roads is collecting the information on this website for the purpose of sending you free SMS text messages and/or email updates to your nominated mobile phone and/or email address alerting you to major construction activities and changes to traffic conditions concerning the Bruce Highway (Cooroy to Curra) Upgrade Section A. Authorised departmental officers will have access to this information and your personal information will not be disclosed to any third party without your consent unless required to do so by law.
- The Services only enable you to be sent SMS text messages and/or email updates on the basis of the information you have provided on this website. It is entirely your responsibility to ensure that your mobile phone device and communication service are compatible with the mobile communication system for the receipt of SMS text messages. The State does not warrant the receipt of SMS text messages by you.
- You agree not to impersonate any other person, or to misuse the Services by unduly duplicating your subscription to the Services.
- You agree not to use the Services in any way for commercial or unlawful purposes.
- You shall not modify or otherwise change any information that is sent to you via the Services with the intention of misleading or otherwise misinforming another person.
- The State does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the content of the SMS text messages and email updates, and no responsibility is taken for the consequences of relying upon the information.
You ("the Indemnifying Party") agree to release and indemnify the State, its employees, agents and contractors ("the Indemnified Party") from and against all damages, costs, consequential loss or damage arising directly or indirectly in connection with this website and the Services, and from any expenses (including costs of settlement) suffered as a result of any action, proceeding, claim, demand, or prosecutions which may be brought or made against the Indemnified Party by any entity arising directly or indirectly out of:
- any breach by the Indemnifying Party of any of these Terms and Conditions;
- any unlawful or negligent act or omission of the Indemnifying Party in the use of this website and the Services;
- death, injury, loss or damage suffered by you arising in connection with the Services;
except to the extent that any negligent act or omission by the Indemnified Party contributed to the relevant death, injury, loss or damage. This clause shall survive even if you unsubscribe from the Services or after termination of the Services.
- The State has the right (but not the obligation), in its absolute discretion, to delete or deactivate your account or otherwise terminate your subscription or use of the Services (or any part thereof) immediately and without notice, for any reason, including, without limitation, if the State believes that you have acted inconsistently with these Terms and Conditions. The State shall not be liable to you or any third party for termination of your subscription to the Services.
- These Terms and Conditions may be updated from time to time, at the State's discretion, with notice to you by SMS text messaging and emailing. The most current version of these Terms and Conditions will be made available on this website and will supersede all previous versions. By continuing to use these Services after notice is given to you, you agree to be bound by the most current version of these Terms and Conditions.
- You may unsubscribe from the Services by following the instructions on this website.
- The Terms and Conditions comprise the entire agreement between you and the State, and no written or oral agreement, arrangement or understanding made or entered into is to be read or incorporated into the agreement.